Where is the YMCA Morgan Tacoma RainMan Indoor Triathlon Held:
The YMCA Morgan Tacoma RainMan Indoor Triathlon is held in the YMCA Morgan at 1002 South Pearl Street, Tacoma, WA 98465. The YMCA Morgan is a popular work out facility/gym for families and individuals alike, with an expansive set of equipment, classes and personal trainers that cater to just about anyone. There is a great pool, sauna, locker rooms, and much more. The staff at the YMCA Morgan would be happy to show you around if you’d like a tour. And in our case of course, a great location to base an indoor triathlon out of. The address for the gym is 1002 South Pearl Street, Tacoma, WA 98465. Click on the link for a map and to get directions to it.
Event Cost & Registration:
For event registration fees please visit our registration provider by clicking on the “Register Now” button. Athletes can register late on RACE DAY from 5:00 pm on. If you register on the day of the race you forfeit the right to get a T-Shirt and Medal should we run out of them. Although we usually do go out of our way to make sure you get one. Registration fees and a list of participants can be found by clicking on the “Register Now” button below. A price schedule is also listed below. To get a list of all participants when you get there and select “Search Participants”, just leave the search box blank.
Note that YMCA members receive a discount on their entry fee. Please contact YMCA Morgan for information on the discount code. Contact information can be found under the “Where” section above.
* Note: Military Discounts Available ( Valid Military ID Required). Use code “HEROES2013″
Price Schedule and Information:
- Base Price: $55
- $60 On 1/1/2013
- $65 On 2/24/2013
Relay Team (Per Team):
- Base Price: $85
- $90 On 1/1/2013
- $95 On 2/24/2013
Folks wanting to sign up for more than one RainMan event, can receive 20% off on any RainMan event after they sign up for the first one. For discount codes to use for this please contact us at email@example.com. You will need to have signed up for at least one of the RainMan events before we can issue you a discount code.
NOTE: Late registrants (4 weeks or less before event) run the risk of not getting the right size T-Shirt or swag on race day. For specific details on our policy for swag please see TriFREAKS SWAG Policy.
- Saturday, March 2nd, 2013:
- 5:00 pm: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration opens at YMCA Morgan
- 5:00 pm: Transition area opens at YMCA Morgan
- 5:45 pm: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for 6:00 PM Wave
- Repeated 5 minutes before every wave.
- 6:00 pm: First Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- 6:15 pm: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start.for 6:20 PM Wave
- 6:20 pm: Second Wave Starts for Individual Indoor Sprint
- 6:35 pm: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for 6:40 PM Wave
- 6:40 pm: Third Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- 6:55 pm: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start.for 7:00 PM Wave
- 7:00 pm: Fourth Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- Wave starts continue this way until we are done.
- 6:45 pm: Post Race Brunch Opens at the “Finish Line Area”
- Post Race food stays open until the event is done.
- Sunday, February 17th, 2013:
- Results for the event are posted and athletes are notified via Facebook and Email.
Following is a list of equipment you will need to participate:
- For the Swim: Swimsuit & Goggles. Note that in a real race many athletes elect to wear a tri suit, bike shorts or whatever they will bike and run in during the swim so they do not have to spend time changing during the transitions.
- For the Bike: You will need to bring your own bike. The bike MUST HAVE slick tires. Non slick tires damage our trainers, so they are not allowed. We will hook it up to one of our trainers and you can experience the bike portion using your own bike.
- For the Run: Running Shoes & Socks (Optional if you like to wear your shoes without socks).
- A head lamp and butt light/reflector for the run.
- Towels to use during and after the event.
What to Expect:
Following is a schedule of events for what you can expect from the indoor triathlon:
- Arrive one hour prior to your wave.
- Check in (Drop your bike off, pre-stage your transition area)
- Everybody will be weighed with their bike. This is how we set the resistance on the bike trainers to make it fair for everyone.
- Change into your swim / triathlon gear.
- Warm up and get ready to have some fun.
- Participants Complete Their Waves: 15 minute Swim, 30 Minute Bike and then 2.28 mile run
- Post Race Refreshments and make sure to pick up your personal belongings.
For additional questions visit our RainMan FAQ. The questions and answers, while not 100% the same for each event, are generally the same. You can find the FAQ here: http://trifreaks.com/rainman-indoor-triathlon-series-faq/.
What’s Included In Registration:
We do our best to keep our costs competitive, and to make sure you guys all get what you pay for we include the following in all our events:
- A personal experience even if it’s a larger event!
- A tech t-shirt ( or similar ) and high quality finishers medal!
- Complimentary registration refund injury insurance!
- Complimentary Professional Race Photos!
- And depending on the event additional swag & prizes!
Wave Start Times:
You will reserve your wave start time when you register. They are available on a first come first serve basis. Waves hold up to 12 participants, and are available from 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM. Waves starting on the hour, such as 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM are available for relay registration as well. Waves later in the day may not become available for registration until earlier waves fill up.
All swim waves will start in 20 minute increments and will keep going until our last wave at 2:00 AM, or until we are done with all athletes (Whichever is sooner). Waves will be up to 12 people large. The pool provides a safe environment where nobody has to get swam over like some events have happen a lot. It works great, and allows both men and women that are faster swimmers to compete against each other. Or for those that are new to swimming in an event to take their time and feel safe.
Course Cut Off Times:
There are theoretically no cut off times. The exception is the run portion for the last wave. Runners must be done by 3:15 am. That gives you 30 minutes to complete the run portion for the last wave, so if you are not able to hold that pace please sign up for an earlier wave.
- Run Cut Off for Last Wave: 1 Hour & 15 Minutes after start time.
Packet Pickup Information:
Please review the above event schedule for specific packet pickup times and locations. All participants can also pick up their packets the day of the race at the specified times in the weekend schedule. Pre Race Packet Pickup location will be at YMCA Morgan at the times posted in the above schedule.
Start Area Check In:
Transition Area Check In times can be found in the “Weekend Schedule” listed at the top of this page.
TRANSITION AREA SECURITY: All athletes will be cross checked for their bib numbers and body markings for the race for permission to enter the transition area. Non participants, and/or anyone not body marked AND in possession of a bib will NOT be allowed inside the transition area. Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE!
ATTENTION: Please do not check your bike in until you are ready to leave it there for the race. For security purposes absolutely no bikes will be allowed out of the transition area once they have been checked in until the events start. If you feel you need to warm up on a bike, bring your commuter bike, or another bike to ride, or warm up on your bike before you check it in. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time to get ready for the swim if you are doing the triathlon or aquabike. You will be able to enter the transition area before your event to check your tires, etc…
Please note parking instructions for race day! TriFreaks is not responsible for your vehicles should they be towed. And if they block the race they WILL BE TOWED! Plan ahead, park smart and leave yourself enough time take care of everything you need to take care of the morning of the race.
Use of Facilities After The Event:
After you are done with the event you are more than welcome to use the locker rooms to shower, clean up and change. The saunas, if available, will be open for your use as well. Use of the weight equipment and other facilities may be limited based on whether the gym is staffed for this at the time of use. A staff member will be more than happy to show you around if you would like to consider finding out more about the gym and/or are interested in a membership.
Medical Aid Information:
While we will do our best to make sure there are no injuries and emergencies, life does sometimes happen this way. In order to make sure we can protect you as best as we can, here will on duty lifeguards at the pool and the local hospital will be on call for their EMT services for any emergencies.