Where is the Seattle Evans Pool RainMan Indoor Triathlon Held:
The Seattle Evans Pool RainMan Indoor Triathlon is held at Seattle Evans Pool at 7201 E. Green Lake Drive N., Seattle, WA 98103. The Seattle Evans Pool is a popular public pool right by the wonderful Green Lake and it’s multi faceted community. It’s a great place for hanging out, taking a walk, and of course hosting an indoor triathlon off season. The staff at the Seattle Evans Pool would be happy to show you around if you’d like a tour. For directions, and information on the pool, click on the respective links above.
Event Cost & Registration:
For event registration fees please visit our registration provider by clicking on the “Register Now” button. Athletes can register late during Packet Pick-Up times and on RACE DAY from 7:00 am on. If you register on the day of the race you forfeit the right to get a T-Shirt and Medal should we run out of them. Registration fees and a list of participants can be found by clicking on the “Register Now” button below. A price schedule is also listed below. To get a list of all participants when you get there and select “Search Participants”, just leave the search box blank.
* Note: Military Discounts Available ( Valid Military ID Required). Use code “HEROES2015”
Webscorer - Race Registration, Race Timing, Race Results
Price Schedule and Information:
Relay Team (Per Team):
Folks wanting to sign up for more than one RainMan event, can receive 20% off on any RainMan event after they sign up for the first one. For discount codes to use for this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to have signed up for at least one of the RainMan events before we can issue you a discount code.
NOTE: Late registrants (2 weeks or less before event) will not have the option to purchase a shirt. We’d love to cater to everyone, including those who register later, however swag takes time to make. For specific details on our policy for swag please see TriFREAKS SWAG Policy.
- Friday, March 20th, 2015:
- 4:00 pm: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration opens at Road Runner Sports.
- 7:30 pm: Packet Pick Up Closes for the day.
- Saturday, March 21st, 2015:
- 2:00 pm: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration opens at Gregg’s Cycle Seattle.
- 5:30 pm: Packet Pick Up Closes for the day.
- Sunday, March 22nd, 2015:
- 7:00 am: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration opens at Seattle Evans Pool
- 7:00 am: Transition area opens at Seattle Evans Pool
- 7:55 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for 8:00 AM Wave
- Repeated 5 minutes before every wave.
- 8:00 am: First Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- 8:15 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start.for 8:20 AM Wave
- 8:20 am: Second Wave Starts for Individual Indoor Sprint
- 8:35 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for 8:40 AM Wave
- 8:40 am: Third Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- 8:55 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start.for 9:00 AM Wave
- 9:00 am: Fourth Wave Starts for Individual & Relay Indoor Sprint
- Wave starts continue this way until we are done at 5:00 PM. 🙂
- 8:45 am: Post Race Brunch Opens at the “Finish Line Area”
- Post Race food stays open until the event is done.
- Monday, March 24th, 2015:
- Results for the event are posted and athletes are notified via Facebook and Email.
Webscorer - Race Registration, Race Timing, Race Results
Following is a list of equipment you will need to participate:
- For the Swim: Swimsuit & Goggles. Note that in a real race many athletes elect to wear a tri suit, bike shorts or whatever they will bike and run in during the swim so they do not have to spend time changing during the transitions.
- For the Bike: You will need to bring your own bike. The bike MUST HAVE slick tires. Non slick tires damage our trainers, so they are not allowed. We will hook it up to one of our trainers and you can experience the bike portion using your own bike.
- For the Run: Running Shoes & Socks (Optional if you like to wear your shoes without socks).
- Towels to use during and after the event.
What to Expect:
Following is a schedule of events for what you can expect from the indoor triathlon:
- Arrive one hour prior to your wave.
- Check in (Drop your bike off, pre-stage your transition area)
- Everybody will be weighed with their bike. This is how we set the resistance on the bike trainers to make it fair for everyone.
- Change into your swim / triathlon gear.
- Warm up and get ready to have some fun.
- Participants Complete Their Waves: 15 minute Swim, 30 Minute Bike and then 2.28 mile run
- Post Race Refreshments and make sure to pick up your personal belongings.
For additional questions visit our RainMan FAQ. The questions and answers, while not 100% the same for each event, are generally the same. You can find the FAQ here: http://trifreaks.com/rainman-indoor-triathlon-series-faq/.
What’s Included In Registration:
We do our best to keep our costs competitive, and to make sure you guys all get what you pay for we include the following in all our events:
- A personal experience even if it’s a larger event!
- A tech t-shirt ( or similar ) and high quality finishers medal!
- Complimentary registration refund injury insurance!
- Complimentary Professional Race Photos!
- And depending on the event additional swag & prizes!
Wave Start Times:
You will reserve your wave start time when you register. They are available on a first come first serve basis. Waves hold up to 12 participants, and are available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Waves starting on the hour, such as 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM are available for relay registration as well. Waves later in the day may not become available for registration until earlier waves fill up.
All swim waves will start in 20 minute increments and will keep going until our last wave at 5:00 PM, or until we are done with all athletes (Whichever is sooner). Waves will be up to 12 people large. The pool provides a safe environment where nobody has to get swam over like some events have happen a lot. It works great, and allows both men and women that are faster swimmers to compete against each other. Or for those that are new to swimming in an event to take their time and feel safe.
Course Cut Off Times:
There are theoretically no cut off times.
Packet Pickup Information:
Please review the above event schedule for specific packet pickup times and locations. All participants can also pick up their packets the day of the race morning at the specified times in the weekend schedule. Pre Race Packet Pickup location will be at Road Runner Sports in Seattle and at Gregg’s Cycle Seattle at the times posted in the above schedule. Packet Pickup will be available at Seattle Evans Pool the morning of the race as well, starting at the times listed in the above weekend schedule.
Start Area Check In:
Transition Area Check In times can be found in the “Weekend Schedule” listed at the top of this page.
TRANSITION AREA SECURITY: All athletes will be cross checked for their bib numbers and body markings for the race for permission to enter the transition area. Non participants, and/or anyone not body marked AND in possession of a bib will NOT be allowed inside the transition area. Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE!
ATTENTION: Please do not check your bike in until you are ready to leave it there for the race. For security purposes absolutely no bikes will be allowed out of the transition area once they have been checked in until the events start. If you feel you need to warm up on a bike, bring your commuter bike, or another bike to ride, or warm up on your bike before you check it in. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time to get ready for the swim if you are doing the triathlon or aquabike. You will be able to enter the transition area before your event to check your tires, etc…
Please note parking instructions for race day! TriFreaks is not responsible for your vehicles should they be towed. And if they block the race they WILL BE TOWED! Plan ahead, park smart and leave yourself enough time take care of everything you need to take care of the morning of the race.
Use of Facilities After The Event:
After you are done with the event you are more than welcome to use the locker rooms to shower, clean up and change. The saunas, if available, will be open for your use as well.
Medical Aid Information:
While we will do our best to make sure there are no injuries and emergencies, life does sometimes happen this way. In order to make sure we can protect you as best as we can, here will on duty lifeguards at the pool and the local hospital will be on call for their EMT services for any emergencies.