Where is the That Dam Run Held:
That Dam Run is located in the Grand Coulee Dam area, 90 miles west of Spokane, 100 miles south of Osoyoos, B.C. and 65 miles east of Wenatchee, WA. The event has been hosted at the Grand Coulee Dam for many years, with both the start and finish line being at the dam. For 2013, That Dam Run will start on the east side of the Grand Coulee Dam and finish at North Dam Park where the Colorama Festival will be held at the same time. For directions to Grand Coulee visit our Lodging and Directions page.
Event Cost & Registration:
For event registration fees please visit our registration provider by clicking on the register button below. Athletes can register late during Packet Pick-Up with a $10 increase to price.
Your options to register are: Via Active.com below to the left, or RaceMine below to the right!
- Friday, May 10th, 2013:
- 4:00 – 7:00 pm: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration @ North Dam Park.
- Saturday, May 11th, 2013: Race day!
- 5:00 am: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration @ North Dam Park just south of Mead Park.
- 5:30 am: Bus Shuttle Transportation Starts @ North Dam Park with Drop Off at Freedom Park.
- Shuttle will run from North Dam Park to Freedom Park every 30 minutes until 7:00 am.
- The Shuttle will cost $3. Please bring cash. No other payment form will be accepted.
- 6:00 am: Bureau Security opens access to start area via Roosevelt road
- 6:30 am: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration Closes
- 6:50 am: Half Marathon Pre Race Athletes Meeting Starts
- 7:00 am: Half Marathon Starts
- 7:05 am: 10K Pre Race Athletes Meeting Starts
- 7:15 am: 10K Run Starts
- 7:50 am: 5K Pre Race Athletes Meeting Starts
- 8:00 am: 5K Run Starts
- 8:05 am: Walk the Dam Build a School Pre Event Meeting Starts
- 8:15 am: Walk the Dam Build a School Starts
- 8:15 am: Post Race Food Opens at North Dam Park
- 9:00 am: Award Ceremony for 5k Starts
- 9:15 am: Award Ceremony for 10k Starts
- 10:00 am Award Ceremony for Half Marathon Starts
NOTE: North Dam Park is just west of Grand Coulee. It is where the Colorama Festival is held, where the finish line is, and where we suggest you park your vehicles. There is an optional shuttle for $3 that will transport you to the start line so you don’t have to worry about getting back to your vehicles after you are done. The shuttle will drop you off at Freedom Park, close to the start on the east side of the dam. Freedom park is just south of Mead Park and right across the street from the Grand Coulee Casino. The address for the Grand Coulee Casino, as a reference point, is:
Grand Coulee Casino
515 Birch Street
Coulee Dam, WA 99116
Course Cut Off Times:
Cut off times (BELOW) for race support will be enforced for all distance runs. Our use of the Grand Coulee Dam is limited from 7:00 am to 10:30 am on. General cut off times for all distances will be as follows: 11:00 AM. Participants not starting to cross the dam at 10:15 will not be allowed to continue. Please familiarize yourself with the course. Take a close look at the course maps and other information. It’s your race! Make sure you know it!
Packet Pickup Information:
Packet Pick Up is available either from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Friday the 10th or from 5:00 am to 6:30 am on Saturday the 11th at North Dam Park by the finish line of the race. There will be shuttles taking you to the start. If you are doing the half marathon please have your packet at 6:00 am to catch a shuttle to make it to the start line on time. For directions to North Dam Park click here.
Required Athletes Meetings: Informational athlete meetings for the runs will be held 15 minutes prior to start of the distance you are participating in.
Start Area Check In:
Due to Dam security, the start area will not open until 6:00 am Saturday, May 11th. Access to the start area will be via Bureau Rd just east of Mead Park. For directions to Mead Park click here.
The first event, the Half Marathon will begin at 7:00 am. Access to the Dam area will be restricted to registered That Dam Run participants only! Security bands will be issued to enforce the restricted access.