Where is the Ocean Shores Big Weekend Tri & Foot Fest Held:
All Events will start and finish at North Bay Park in Ocean Shores WA. Click here for Google Maps directions. The address for North Bay Park is: Albatross St NE, Ocean Shores, WA, 98569. North Bay Park is Ocean Shores’ largest park. Situated on the north end of Duck Lake, only a short distance from the downtown business district, and just west of the airport.
Event Cost & Registration:
For event registration fees please visit our registration provider by clicking on the “Register Now”. Athletes can register late during Packet Pick-Up times and on RACE DAY mornings at 6:00am with a $10.00 increase to price. Registration fees and a list of participants can be found by clicking on the “Register Now” button below. To get a list of all participants when you get there and select “Search Participants”, just leave the search box blank.
Your options to register are: Via Active.com below to the left, or RaceMine below to the right!
- Friday July 12th, 2013: Early Packet Pickup Day:
- Saturday July 13th, 2013: Tri Fest Race Day
- 5:45 am: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration: opens at North Bay Park.
- 6:00 am: Transition Area Opens to all distances.
- 6:50 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for 1/2 Iron Triathlon.
- 7:00 am: 1/2 Iron Triathlon Starts.
- 7:15 am: Transition Area Closes to all distances.
- 7:20 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for 1/2 Iron & Olympic Duathlon.
- 7:30 am: 1/2 Iron & Olympic Duathlon Starts.
- 7:35 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for Olympic Triathlon.
- 7:45 am: Olympic Triathlon Starts.
- 8:05 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for Sprint Triathlon
- 8:15 am: Sprint Triathlon Starts.
- 9:00 am: Post Race Food Open! Bon Appetite!
- 10:00 am: Sprint Triathlon Awards Ceremony.
- 10:30 am: Olympic Triathlon Awards Ceremony.
- 11:00 am: Tri for Kids / Youth Starts.
- 12:00 pm: Tri for Kids / Youth Awards Ceremony.
- 12:30 pm: 1/2 Iron Triathlon & Duathlon Awards Ceremony.
- 3:30 pm: Finish Line Closes for Multisport Day.
- 3:30 pm: Post Race Food Closes!
- Saturday July 13th, 2013: Foot Fest Packet Pickup Day
- 4:00 pm: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration opens at North Bay Park.
- 6:00 pm: Packet Pick Up Closes for the day.
- Sunday July 14th, 2013: Foot Fest Race Day
- 6:30 am: Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration: opens at North Bay Park.
- 7:20 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for Half Marathon.
- 7:30 am: Half Marathon Starts.
- 7:35 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for 10k Run.
- 7:45 am: 10k Run Starts.
- 7:50 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for 5k Run
- 8:00 am: 5k Run Starts.
- 8:15 am: Post Race Food Open! Bon Appetite!
- 9:00 am: 5k Run Awards Ceremony.
- 9:30 am: 10k Run Awards Ceremony.
- 10:00 am: Half Marathon Awards Ceremony.
- 12:00 am: Post Race Food Closes.
All swim waves will be self select and will start in 3 to 5 minutes increments based on how many participants are in each category. By self select we mean that you decide what wave you want to go in. The system is designed to let the competitive swimmers go first, then the not so competitive swimmers. It provides a safe environment where nobody has to get swam over like some events have happen a lot. It works great, and allows both men and women that are faster swimmers to compete against each other.
Course Cut Off Times:
Triathlon Cut Off Times: Cut Off Time for the 1/2 Iron and all other events is: 3:30 pm. Runners should be starting their 2nd lap for the 1/2 iron at 1:45 pm or will be required to withdraw from the race. Total time to finish is 8 1/2 hours. Athletes wishing to finish after these times will be required to do so without their bib number on and without the support of the race. The duathlon is a run, bike and then run. The start of the run will be at the same time as swim for the equal length triathlon. Duathlon runners will do a mass start right outside the transition area to avoid crossing paths with the full triathlon athletes.
Run Event Cut Off Times: Cut Off Time for the 1/2 Marathon, and all other running events is 12:00 pm.
Athletes’s Course Meeting and Swim Clinic:
Along with a complete course overview, BASE Training is offering a free swim clinic at the Ocean Shores Packet Pick-up at the Ramada Inn Hotel and Resort at 7:30 pm on Friday July 12th. The clinic will be covering detailed information on Total Immersion swim techniques with emphasis on triathlon open water swims. After a short presentation, we will have a chance to see a demonstration of Total Immersion swim technique from Coach Ryan in the hotel pool and you will have a chance to jump in a try out a few of the drills and tips for yourself. So, bring your swimsuits and get ready to swim with greater efficiency and less effort.
To reserve your spot, contact Dana at Dana@TriFREAKS.com.
Packet Pickup Information:
Please review the above event schedule for specific packet pickup times and locations. All participants can also pick up their packets on both days of race morning at the specified times in the weekend schedule. Please note that Saturday morning you may only pick up packets for Saturday’s triathlon events. Both morning locations will be in North Bay Park. There will be an expo at packet pickup located at the The Ramada Inn Hotel & Resort. The expo will also feature the ability to pre-register / make appointments for other activities in Ocean Shores you can do outside of the race during the weekend, such as horse back riding. We’ll announce more specifics in the athletes instructions as we get closer to the race.
Pre Race Carb Loading Pasta Dinner:
The Ramada Inn Hotel & Resort has an attached restaurant that will be offering a Carb Loading Dinner for the 1/2 Iron Triathletes and Duathletes on Friday the 12th from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and on Saturday the 14th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm for the Half Marathon Runners. Family, friends, and participants in shorter distances are welcome as well. The cost is $10.99 per person and will be due at the door.
Start Area Check In:
- Saturday July 13th Check in for all the multisport activities will be at: North Bay Park.
- Sunday July 14th Check in for all the running activities will be at: North Bay Park.
See the weekend schedule for specific times.
Last year we allowed parking at Albatross Ave SW right by North Bay Park. Please note that parking will not be allowed this year on Albatross Ave SW. There is plenty of other legal parking on the side of the roads in the surrounding neighborhoods. There will also be parking this year on the baseball fields just due east North Bay Park for a nominal fee of $2. The $2 will go to the city to help maintain the park and other areas.