Golden Gate Triathlon Athlete Instructions
Dear Golden Gate Triathlon Participants,
We’re looking forward to having you join us for the Golden Gate Triathlon on Sunday, June 9th, 2013! Please note that we can always use more volunteers! Be a part of the athletes’ journey as they reach their goals and cross the finish line. This event cannot happen without the support of volunteers like you! If you can help, or have a friend, family or spouse that can help please let us know by emailing us at volunteer@TriFREAKS.com or calling us at 253.245.9240. The more support we have the better your experience as the athlete will be.
Every volunteer can receive up to a 50% discount code that can be used for any TriFreaks race. For more details visit our volunteer details page. If you have a friend or family member help us as a volunteer you can earn up to a 50% credit for our races as well.
Recommended Packet Pick Up Saturday, June 8th, 2013 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm at the: Sports basement of Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
NOTE: Everyone picking up their packets at Sports Basement will receive a 10% discount off all items purchased between the hours of 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Plus Sports Basement will provide drinks and snacks for all athletes!
Athletes can register late on Packet Pick-Up day with a $10.00 increase to price. There will be an opportunity to pick your packet up the morning of the race as well. Please see the packet pick-up section on the “Event Details” tab for more info.
- Saturday, June 8th 2013:
- Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration: 2:00pm – 5:00pm at the Sports Basement, Presidio of San Francisco.
- Sunday June 9th, 2013: Race day!
- 6:00 am: PACKET PICKUP OPENS At Finish Transition Area
- 6:00 am: Both Transitions Areas Open
- 7:10 am: Transition Area 2 (Bike to Run) Closes for Race
- 7:10 am: All Athletes Must Move to T1 (Swim to Bike) / Swim Start
- 7:20 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start
- 7:30 am: Olympic Swim Waves Start*
- 7:45 am: Sprint Swim Waves Start*
- 8:45 am: Swim Course Cut Off
- 9:30 am: Post Race Food Open! Bon Appetite!*
- 10:30 am: Sprint Distance Awards Ceremony
- 10:30 am: Bike Course Cut Off
- 11:00 am: Olympic Distance Awards Ceremony
|Olympic Wave Times:
||Sprint Wave Times:
Transition Area Locations:
- Swim Start (Click Link for Directions): East Crissy Field Beach, Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Race Finish & Transition (Click Link for Directions): Crissy Field (Near the Warming Hut), Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
IMPORTANT:Athletes that park in front of the businesses on the west end of Mason St. will prevent the start of the race until they have moved.
Lastly, the Presidio is under constant construction which has significantly impacted our parking and many roads that were open are now closed and vise versa. We encourage carpooling, walking and biking to the store and checking the road closures before driving in: http://www.presidioparkway.org/updates/
Before we cover the course info, please note the following:
Reminders For the Swim:
The Sprint Swim is one lap around the swim course. See map link below.
- Olympic Swim is two laps around the swim course. See map link below.
- If you are having difficulty at any point in the swim raise your hand and ask for help. Feel free to hold onto one of the Kayaks or boats and then either continue the event or ask for assistance and be removed from the water.
- Note that the swim course is always subject to modifications based on tide impact as well as to increase overall safety and ability to monitor the swimmers.
For Biking Remember:
- Olympic Bike – 6 loops (25.82 miles)
- Sprint Bike – 3 loops (13.55 miles)
For the Run Remember:
- The run is an out and back.
- The Sprint Distance turn-around is marked on the Bridge. The Sprint Run course can be found here and is 3.11 miles.
- The Olympic Distance turn-around is right on the other side of the bridge. The Olympic Run Course can be found here and is 6.22 miles long.
There will be five (5) aid stations-all will have Water, Heed drink some type of nutrition:
- Swim To Bike Station # 1: At the exit of Transition Area 1.
- Bike Aid Station # 1: The transition area.
- Bike Aid Station # 2: Bowley St. & Lincoln Blvd. Intersection
- Run Aid Station #1: Just before Bridge entrance.
- Run Aid Station #2: At Olympic Turn-Around (3 miles away).