Where is the Federal Escape Triathlon Held:
5 Mile Lake Park, Federal Way, WA. Five Mile Park is located at: 36429 44th Ave S Auburn WA 98001. This 32-acre lakefront park is located near the community of Algona in southwestern King County. One of the premiere smaller parks in our system, it offers numerous outdoor activities, including open play fields, basketball and tennis courts, play equipment, picnic shelters, and walking paths, and of course our triathlon. 🙂
Note: Click Above Links for Directions
Event Cost & Registration:
For event registration fees please visit our registration provider by clicking on the “Register Now”. Athletes can register late during Packet Pick-Up with a $10 increase to price. You must be at packet pick-up at the announced packet pickup times to register late. See the packet pick-up section for more info.
Your options to register are: Via Active.com below to the left, or RaceMine below to the right!
NOTE: The Kids triathlon is free of charge. There will be timing for it, however children do NOT receive shirts or medals unless we happen to have some left over.
Friday, August 2nd, 2013 ~ Packet Pickup South End:
- 5:00 pm: South End Packet Pickup Opens @ Five Mile Park
- 8:00 pm: South End Packet Pickup Closes @ Five Mile Park
Note: For directions to Five Mile Park click here.
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 ~ Race Day:
- 5:00 am: Race Day Packet Pickup Opens at Transition Area
- 5:15 am: Transitions Area Opens
- 6:15 am: Transition Area Closes for Olympic Distance Participants
Note: Sprint Distance Particpants Must Start Using Side Entrance
- 6:20 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for Olympic Tri & Aquabike
- 6:30 am: Olympic Tri & Aquabike Swim Waves Start
- 8:00 am: Post Race Food Open! Bon Appetite!*
- 8:15 am: Transition Area Closes for Sprint Distance Participants
- 8:20 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for Sprint Tri & Aquabike
- 8:30 am: Sprint Tri & Aquabike Swim Waves Start
- 9:00am: Olympic Distances Awards Ceremony
- 10:00am: Sprint Distances Awards Ceremony
- 11:15 am: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at Swim Start for Kids/Youth Tri
- 11:30 am: Kids/Youth Triathlons Start
- 12:30 am: Transition Area Closes for the day!
Packet Pickup Information:
There will be a packet pick up and late registration at Five Mile Park on Friday and Saturday (Race Day). For specific dates and times please see the weekend schedule above. You may also pick up your packet on race morning according to the weekend schedule above. If you can pick up your packet before race day please do so as it helps make the day of go much smoother for us and ultimately makes it a better experience for all of you athletes as well. 🙂
Start Area Check In:
Opens at 5:00 am on race day. Sprint athletes can arrive at 7:00 am if they prefer to do so. There will be a separate side entrance at the transition area. Please do not use the bike in / bike out or swim in / run out areas to enter the transition area after the Olympic race has begun. Note that the transition area will be split into two sides, one for Olympic athletes and one for Sprint athletes. The transition area will close at 6:15 am for Olympic athletes and 8:15 am for Sprint athletes.
We strongly encourage you to park at South County Ballfields if possible (see map below). Parking at Five Mile Park is very limited. The main parking lot to Five Mile Park will be very tightly controlled as there will be bikes entering and leaving the area during the race and some of the parking spaces will be reserved for vendors and the event production team. Once the race begins no vehicles will be allowed to enter or leave this parking lot. Parking is also available at the overflow lot marked on the map below. This parking lot is first come first served. Please note that we encourage you to not leave any valuables in your vehicles. While we have not had any break ins reported during our events, there have been other events in the past where vehicles were broken into during an event.